Frequently asked questions
Can my accountant/bookkeeper access Yuki as well?
Inside Yuki, you can give your accountant or bookkeeper access to your administration by giving him/her the role of the ‘External accountant’. As a result, he/she can examine relevant data in your records.
Is Yuki a new player in its market?
The development of Yuki was initiated in 2006 by some very experienced entrepreneurs, including one of the founders of Exact Software. Yuki is unique in its market for the following reasons: software and accounting services are offered as a whole, documents are recognized by the intelligent software and these always form the groundwork of the transaction in the records. So you never have to wonder where a transaction is coming from because you always face the original document itself.
In late 2007 and 2008, we had numerous test runs and in January 2009, the Yuki service was officially launched!
How many customers does Yuki have?
Since its launch in 2009, Yuki has gained over 7.000 unique customers. Besides, already more than 200 accounting firms are operating with our platform.
How do I contact Yuki?
You can contact Yuki in the following ways.
- Via our website www.yuki.nl you can request information about Yuki
- By telephone: +31 10 2019734.
Can I use multiple currencies in Yuki?
Yes, you should just activate the Yuki module “Foreign currency” in Yuki’s webstore on your dashboard.
Is it possible to try out Yuki for free?
Yes, there is a possibility to create a free trial account and have 30 documents be processed by Yuki for free.
How does Yuki distinguish itself from its competitors?
Yuki is a bookkeeping service for SME’s who have deliberately chosen not to maintain their own bookkeeping.
Yuki has the following advantages for users:
- You only need to scan your financial documents, afterwards Yuki ensures that these are correctly processed in the accounts within 24 hours. Even non-financial documents can be organized efficiently into a digital archive.
- Anytime and anywhere, Yuki can always provide insight into the current financial state of your business or organization.
- From your bookkeeping in Yuki, you can directly click through from a registered post to the relevant scanned financial document.
Is Yuki also suitable for larger organizations?
Yuki is designed to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SME’s). Yuki is not suitable for administrations where a particularisation is required to:
- Cost centers
Do I pay for support and maintenance?
No, support and maintenance are included in the monthly price. Yuki is available by phone, by email and through a chat service from 8am to 8pm.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- By telephone: +31 10 2019734.
How soon can I make use of Yuki’s software?
All the passwords for your Yuki domain are attached to your confirmation email. Then, you can immediately start with Yuki!
How can I cancel my subscription or cooperation with Yuki?
The agreement with Yuki is formed for a period of one month (transaction services) or one year (warranty service) and is then renewed implicitly. Termination of the agreement must be in writing or via your Yuki account and shall take effect at the end of the month or the year.
Can Yuki also do my sales tax for my business?
Yes, Yuki is able to automatically do your sales tax monthly, quarterly or annually. If desired, Yuki can also take care of your income tax returns, corporate income tax returns and financial statements.
Of which banks can I export or download an electronic bank statement from the banking website?
- ABN AMRO Bank
- ABN AMRO creditcard
- Alex investment bank
- Fortis Bank
- ING Bank
- ING Bank creditcard
- Van Lanschot Bankiers
- Rabobank Telebanking
- SNS Bank
About Software and Security
Are there any hardware or software requirements when using Yuki?
For scanning documents, Yuki recommends to use a Canon or HP scanner. Besides, your PC also should have the latest version of the operating system Windows XP or Windows Vista and internet browser Internet Explorer 7.0.
How can I make sure I work with the latest version of Yuki?
Yuki is a web based service called SaaS (Software as a Service). This means that Yuki is offered over the Internet and you don’t need to install any software. By definition, you always work with the latest online version of Yuki.
Is my corporate data safe with Yuki?
Yes, your corporate data is safe with Yuki for the following reasons:
- All Yuki employees are in possession of a signed Code of Conduct.
- Your business data is hosted on highly secured locations in Amsterdam and Haarlem.
- Yuki servers are situated behind a robust firewall.
- All traffic between your computer and our Yuki servers is sent encrypted.
- Every day, a back-up copy of the business data is automatically made in your administration.
- Your business data is in your own domain in a separate database.
I have a problem with scanning documents
Below is a list of the problems that may occur when you want to scan using the ScanWizard documents:
- Notification on your screen ‘Connection to the scanner failed’
- Cause: The ScanWizard is opened multiple times on the same PC.
Solution: Close the ScanWizard(s) until only one ScanWizard is opened. For more information about scanning with Yuki, we refer to our Yuki Wiki >>
Does Yuki have a user guide?
Yes, there is a Yuki user guide that provides support from the moment you start using Yuki. This is presented to you at the moment you have become a customer of Yuki.
What should I do if I forgot my password?
You can request a new password by clicking the link “forgot password?” on the login page. Then, the following information is required:
- The email address you use to log in with Yuki.
- Full name (first name + last name) you registered with Yuki.
- When this data is entered correctly, you will be sent an email to enter a new password.
If this fails, please contact Yuki via an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on the number +31 10 201 97 34.